The University of Houston Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering (BSPetE) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Petroleum and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
In accordance with ABET requirements, we have developed, in consultation with our constituencies, the following educational objectives for our Petroleum Engineering Program.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the University of Houston Petroleum Engineering Department will:
- address the challenges of the world’s energy needs responsibly,
- exceed the evolving expectations of employers in the petroleum and energy industries,
- sustain industry-leading skills, and
- be leaders in industry, academe, and government.
In accordance with ABET requirements, we have developed, in consultation with our constituencies, the following program outcomes for our Petroleum Engineering Program.
The Petroleum Engineering Department at the University of Houston will demonstrate that students attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
|B.S. in Petroleum Engr, BSPETE||306||165||116||94||64|
|B.S. in Petroleum Engr, BSPETE||155||62||34||27||15|
ABET can be contacted at abet.org.