Ganesh ThakurDistinguished Professor
Director of UH Energy Industrial Partnerships
Office Location ERP 1A, Room 192 E
Email gcthakur [at] uh.edu
- Member of the National Academy of Engineering;
- 2012 SPE International President;
- Former Vice President, Global Advisor and Fellow – Chevron Energy Technology Co. (37 years in various positions);
- SPE Board of Director – Reservoir Characterization and Dynamics;
- Chief Petroleum Engineer/Advisor – Tachyus;
- Chief Technology Advisor – Geo-Park and YPF;
- Adjunct Professor/Instructor – King Saud University, Aramco.
Ph.D., Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
M.S., Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
M.A., Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University
M.B.A., Houston Baptist University
B.S. (Honors), Petroleum Engineering, IIT (ISM)
Reservoir Engineering II (PETR 6302)
Special Topics (PETR 7397)
Selected Professional Activities/Honors
SPE Reservoir Characterization and Dynamics Award
SPE Distinguished Member
Orange County, CA Outstanding Engineer of the Year
Distinguished Alumni Awards - Penn State University
Distinguished Alumni Award – IIT (ISM)
Vice President – SPE Foundation
Gold Medal – First Rank in B.S. (Honors)
Chairman – IIT (ISM) Alumni Association
Integrated Reservoir Management of Conventional and Unconventional Reservoirs
Waterflooing and Gas Injection, Including CO2 Flood
EOR – Polymer Flooding, Low Salinity, and Unconventional Reservoirs
Deep Water, Heavy Oil, and Tight Oil and Gas Field Optimization
Horizontal Well Technology Applications
Integrated Production Modeling
Rejuvenating Old/Mature Fields, Surveillance & Monitoring
MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team) Deployment Involving Various Functions and Technologies
- "ARMA: Horizontal Completion Fracturing Techniques Using Data Analytics - Selection and Prediction”, paper presented at the 51st US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium, San Francisco, California, USA. June 25-28, 2017
- “SPE-186068-MS: Application of Multi-Level and High-Resolution Fracture Modeling in Field-scale Reservoir Simulation Study”, prepared for presentation at the SPE Reservoir Characterization and Simulation Conference and Exhibition held in Abu Dhabi, UAE, 8 – 10 May 2017
- “SPE-185747-MS: Cyclic Steam Injection Modeling and Optimization for Candidate Selection, Steam Volume Optimization, and SOR Minimization, Powered by Unique, Fast, Modeling and Data Assimilation Algorithms”, presentation at the SPE Western Regional Meeting, 2017.
- “SPE-185507-MS: Redistribution of Steam Injection in Heavy Oil Reservoir Management to Improve EOR Economics, Powered by a Unique Integration of Reservoir Physics and Machine Learning”, presentation at the SPE Latin America and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference, 2017.
- “Computer-Implemented Systems and Methods for Forecasting Performance of Water Flooding of an Oil Reservoir System Using a Hybrid Analytical-Empirical Methodology“, US Patent 8,805,631, August 12, 2014.
- “Computer-Implemented Systems and Methods for Forecasting Performance of Polymer Flooding of an Oil Reservoir System“, US Patent 8,510,089, August 13, 2013.
- “Computer-Implemented Systems and Methods for Screening and Predicting the Performance of Enhanced Oil Recovery and Improved Oil Recovery Methods“, US Patent 8,175,751 B2, Date of Patent – May 8, 2012.
- “The New Conventional”, The Way Ahead Magazine, SPE Journal paper, 2012.
- “The Role of Integrated Project Teams Applying Innovative Technologies to Improve Production and Recovery”, pages 5-12, Investigations in Geophysics No. 15, Methods and applications in Reservoir Geophysics, 2010.
- “The Role of Multi-Disciplinary Teams in Innovative Reservoir Management” SPE 112921, 2008 SPE North Africa TC and Exhibition held in Marrakech, Morocco, March 12-14 2008
- “Should a Technical Career Track/Ladder Be a Preferred Option for Young Professionals?” Pillars of the Industry, The Way Ahead, SPE, pages 20-21, Vol. 3, No. 3, 2007.
- “Waterflood Surveillance and Monitoring: Putting Principles into Practice”, pages 552-562, October 2007, SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering.
- “Techbits: Workshop Addresses Reservoir Water Control and Management”, 1002-0026 JPT SPE Journal Paper – 2002.
- Anandhan M. Selveindran
- Zeinab Noor