The University of Houston BS PETR program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. In accordance with ABET requirements, we have developed, in consultation with our constituencies, educational objectives for our Petroleum Engineering Program.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the University of Houston Petroleum Engineering Department will:
- address the challenges of the world’s energy needs responsibly,
- exceed the evolving expectations of employers in the petroleum and energy industries,
- sustain industry leading skills, and
- be leaders in industry, academe, and government.
In accordance with ABET requirements, we have developed, in consultation with our constituencies, the following program outcomes for our Petroleum Engineering Program.
The Petroleum Engineering Department at the University of Houston will demonstrate that students attain:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2018||DEGREES AWARDED ACADEMIC YEAR 2018|
ABET can be contacted at http://www.abet.org.